Leadership and Social Awareness Workshops
If you are part of an elementary or high school community, we would love to work with you.
At Children of Light, one of our core values is the foundation of education and awareness. We aim to build relationships with students across Toronto, and the Greater Toronto area in order to assist youth in becoming active, aware, and engaged citizens.
Children of Light offers an engaging experience for students to become involved in interactive social awareness and leadership workshops, while simultaneously organizing school-wide fundraisers. This is a great way for students to develop leadership qualities, learn about fundraising management, build organizational skills, and ultimately give back to our global and local community.
Detailed information about workshop curriculum is available upon request, please contact us for more information. We look forward to working with your school.
Top Reasons to Fundraise with Children of Light:
- Small is beautiful. You will be able to make an exceptionally large impact in a small charity.
- We are community oriented and we take the time to get to know students, building a support network for those who have a passion for social activism.
- We are a 100% volunteer-based organization, keeping our administration costs low.
- We’re students ourselves. Our administration team and workshop facilitators are undergraduate and graduate students. Founders of Children of Light began volunteering in Ethiopia only two weeks after graduating high school from the York Catholic School Board; this helps us to connect with high school and elementary school students on a closer level.
- We’re balanced. Our workshops are designed to be informative and educational, but also fun and inspiring.
- We’re experienced. Workshop facilitators have been working with youth across the York Catholic and Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board since 2008.
Children of Light is available for guest speaking in both elementary and high schools. Our interactive presentations call for student involvement; they are designed to compliment school curriculum and are tailored to meet the needs of various groups. Guest speakers aim to generate awareness on global issues such as childhood poverty, with special attention to our work in Gambo, Ethiopia.
*A minimum donation of $200 is required. Donations are used to support our Gambo, Ethiopia programs. Our workshop facilitators work on a voluntary basis.
For more about our school programs and workshops, click here.
To request Children of Light at your school, click here.